Advices to consider:
• Always use a mask near other people, even in outdoor environments.
• In case of family reunions, prefer to do them with close relatives, ideally with those that share the same home.
• Prefer to make family reunions outside, ideally outdoors in a well-ventilated area. If not possible, favor natural ventilation of the place by opening doors and windows.
• Maintain social distancing as a permanent practice. It means to cancel the tradition of “New Year’s Hugs”, until it is safe to hug other people again.
• In reunions, do not share glasses or utensils of personal use. Use utensil identifiers, to ensure they are used exclusively by one person.
• Respect the maximum capacity allowed depending on the phase in which your area finds itself, according to the “Step by Step” plan from the government of Chile.
• Pay attention to the COVID-19 symptoms. If you experience any symptom, voluntary self-isolate until the danger of contagion is discarded by medical staff.
• Use websites to make any year end shopping to avoid face-to-face interaction with other people.
• If you plan to gather with older people or high-risk groups, it is recommended to self-isolate for at least 14 days before the reunion.
“It may appear to be uncomfortable to wear a mask and practice social distancing with friends and family but doing so makes a significant contribution to everyone being safe and healthy.”
World Health Organization (WHO), december 2020.